I just hit my first full month at my new job, and the amount I’m learning is staggering. While its been quiet on the blog, for me personally its been crazy! I haven’t quite hit a point yet where I have anything of value to contribute to a post, but here’s a quick rundown of some of the things I’ve been doing:
- Learning a lot about Git and GitHub! – this is a great source control product and its no surprise that basically everyone uses it. Call me slow for not realizing until now!
- We are going to slowly be migrating the current site to use more Python, node.js, and Backbone or Angular (jury is still out – but most likely looking like Angular).
- Learning all about Agile development including daily SUMs (stand up meetings), Scrumm, Kanban boards, Sprints, etc.
- Using JIRA for our cards and Confluence for documentation.
- I absolutely LOVE my Macbook pro! (Shh, don’t tell anyone) – but I hate the stock Mac keyboard.
- I did a little bit of Bash scripting (very little bit) – creating a custom Git integrated prompt in my Terminal (of which I use/prefer iTerm).
- Sublime Text 2 is a tight little editor! – there’s a ton of plugins and its super fast and lean. I dig it a lot! I do miss intellisense 🙁 Maybe I’ll look into WebStorm or PhpStorm.
I’m hoping to be able to really contribute to some future posts on some of the following topics:
- AngularJS, Backbone, and node.js stuff
- Grunt.js, Bower, and other build process stuff
- Git and GitHub tricks and observations from my learning/daily usage